A Stay at the Inn
The Old Man's Face Inn is an ancient fixture of the tiny hamlet of Tyrluk. Apparently Oriphaun gave one of the Nether Scroll pieces to the inn's bartender.
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
|A Stay at the Inn|
|Takes place in:||The Old Man's Face Inn|
|Bestowed by:||Kordo Seetspire|
|NPC contact:||Kordo Seetspire|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
Somehow Oriphaun managed to hide one of the Nether Scroll pieces inside a crowded inn.
Take the High Road to Tyrluk, then enter the Old Man's Face Inn and look for the scroll piece.
- This is the fourth quest in The Netherese Legacy story arc.
- Find the Nether Scroll piece
- Find the Bartender
- Defeat the enemies in the courtyard
- Get the Inn Key from the Terrified Villager
- Clear out the Inn and find the Innkeeper
- Search the Barn for the Tavern Key
- Defeat the wizard Wyle and his Minions
- Speak to Tarys
- Defeat Tarys and his minions
- Free the Bartender from the crate
- (Optional) Confront the Innkeeper about his journal Heroic: +6% Bonus. Epic: +6% Bonus.
Trap DCs (Epic)
- Bear traps after the hidden door (DC 82 on EE)
Tips and Misc
- There will be several waves of enemies in the Courtyard after talking to the Terrified Villager the first time.
- Inside the Inn, there will be enemies patrolling the halls and in some of the rooms.
- Inside the Barn, you'll have to defeat a few waves of Umbral Rats and Shadows, and then pull a lever to cause a ladder to drop down. Going around the walks on the barn will be several more shadow creatures of various kinds, culminating in a battle against the wizard Wyle.
- Inside the barn chest are some Tattered Journal Pages; if you loot them and return to the Innkeeper, you can confront him about his past (choose the conversation path which does not let the matter slide) for extra XP and a chest. He likes to use Severe Stunning Blow, so having a light monk with Grasp of the Earth Dragon may be helpful.
- The end fight doesn't start until you speak to Tarys, giving you plenty of time to break stuff and buff up.
- Tarys likes to cast Acid Fog, Niac's Biting Cold, and Lightning Bolt; be sure to protect yourself against those elements. He will also occasionally summon an umbral creature or a shadow.
- The quest doesn't end until you get the Netherese Scroll Fragment off the Tavern's board, if there's anything you'd like to do first (pretty much limited to confronting the Innkeeper).
- Aggression bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 54 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 66 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 49 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Onslaught can only be gotten by not killing Tarys right away, and allowing umbral creatures to keep spawning; presumably, Conquest can be gotten this way as well. (Aggression/Onslaught may only be achievable on Hard/Elite; Tarys seemed to stop summoning creatures early in the fight on Normal).
- Chests: 4
- One in a secret room in the center of the Inn (behind a locked door; on Hard/Elite, it transforms into a mimic and has to be conquered first) (Lock DC)
- One in the barn (with the key to the Inn)
- One in a secret room behind the Innkeeper (obtained by confronting him about his journal)
- End chest behind bar (locked until you defeat Tarys and his minions/talk to the bartender)
- Collectables: 3
- Cabinet in the north room along the south corridor in the Inn
- Adventurer's Pack in a stall in the southwest corner of the Barn
- Cabinet in the cellar of the Tavern, in the southwest corner
- NPC rewards: Standard; choose from four
Named Chest Drop
- ML16: , , Shield Bashing, 5/Piercing,
- ML17: , , Shield Bashing, 5/Piercing,
- ML18: , , Shield Bashing, 10/Piercing,
- ML23: , , Shield Bashing, 10/Piercing,
- ML24: , , Shield Bashing, 10/Piercing,
- ML25: , , Shield Bashing, 15/Piercing,
|Branson Blackboot (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Chest (monster) (view)||Aberration||Mimic|
|Netherese Wizard (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Archer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Footpad (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Skirmisher (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Shadow (Shadowfell) (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Summoned Shadow (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Rat (view)||Undead||Shadow|