A scepter was once created by the Lord of Eyes himself - the Daelkyr Price of Madness, Belashyrra. Who knows what power it holds?
|Requires access to : Reign of Madness|
|Takes place in:||The Sleeping Spell Inn|
|Bestowed by:||Rorry Malcanus|
|NPC contact:||Rorry Malcanus|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Rorry Malcanus, a lowly apprentice of the Twelve, decided to borrow the Scepter of Belashyrra and show it off to his girlfriend. Unfortunately this caused a portal to Xoriat to open while the pair were eating lunch at the local inn.
Go inside the Sleeping Spell Inn and retrieve the Scepter for Rorry.
- Retrieve Belashyrra's Sceptre
- Assemble an airship to fly to Xoriat
- 12 Beds
- 6 Bookshelves
- Use the Office ladder to gather aboard the airship
- Force the beholder to vomit
- Use Belashyrra's Sceptre to open a portal back to Eberron
- (Optional) Keep the beholders from boarding the airship — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Put Quixxellops out of his misery — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (optional: Key)
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 12 beds and 6 bookshelves)
Tips and Misc
- You can cast haste on the beds and bookshelves to make them move faster.
- If you have not found the key under the beds you may let them die until you find it but make sure you have enough beds. If you have not found the chest behind the bookshelf you can use the same strategy.
- If killed, the beds and bookshelves will respawn in their original location. They will be harder to kill the second time, due to their "experience in combat."
- Enemies respawn MUCH more quickly on the Elite setting and can make soloing this quest a nightmare. The beds' and bookshelves' HP does not scale and they move very slowly even with Haste. The beds also move faster than the bookshelves and can eventually outrun them. It's recommended that you make 2 trips back and forth to assemble the ship: One convoy to bring all of the beds and a separate convoy to bring all of the bookshelves. Assign 3-4 people to clear the way forward while the rest of the party watches the rear.
- Two fixes were put in with U16:
- Beholders in the Airship portion of Acute Delirium now fall to their deaths properly if they are impaired before reaching the Airship.
- Beholders in the Airship portion of Acute Delirium are no longer considered Extraplanar (due to being in Xoriat), and can no longer be banished.
- Be careful when fighting the mimic, when you are in the beholder's stomach. It does more and more acid damage with each hit you do.
- If you successfully identify the mimic in the beholder's stomach, it will drop keys to the other chests once it's defeated.
- Aggression bonus: ~80 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~90 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: ~120 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Notes: Note the amount of kills needed increases based on quest difficulty setting and the above figures are for elite. Getting as many kills listed should get you the bonuses on all difficulties, but will have lower totals needed on lower difficulties. Aggression is only around 65 on normal, but actually getting 65 or more kills on normal is also far more difficult, as the total monsters, and monster respawn rate is severely reduced.
- Chests: Up to 7,9 or 11 depending on difficulty
- 1 after opening portal to Xoriat
- 1 underwater in "unreachable" room, reached by jumping on/over walls in laundry room
- The Lost Chest , needs the Lost Key to open, which is under one of the beds, which need to be removed during the construction of the airship
- This chest can drop the Lenses of Opportunity
- 1 behind bookshelves after they are removed (must be looted before completing airship, as shelves reappear afterward)
- 1 if you successfully prevent the beholders from boarding the airship
- Inside the Beholder's stomach, one lootable chest appears per difficulty level (1 for normal, 2 for hard, 3 for elite).
- After the final fight, one chest appears per difficulty level (1 for normal, 2 for hard, 3 for elite).
- These chests each have the chance to drop the Watcher's Blade
- NPC rewards: Standard, list of 4 items. Contains potions more frequently then other quests rewards.
Named Chest Drop
- Lenses of Opportunity - Goggles: Seeker +4, Sneak Attack +3, Overfocus [ML:15, BTA]
- Watcher's Blade - +5 Longsword: Heightened Awareness +4, Improved Cursespewing, Exceptional Wisdom +1 [ML:16, BTA]
|Heroic DC table|