From DDO wiki
- Try to stay near the group so that as many as possible can benefit from the song.
- You can sing while running at full speed. Don't sit at quest entrance singing while the rest of the group is halfway done with the quest.
- You can sing while sneaking or/and invisible. Wolves and Drow can see invisibility, so make sure you check the monster type before doing this.
- The easiest way to use Suggestion is to first cast Invisibility on yourself, then walk up to a mob and first play Fascinate, followed by suggestion on your choice of creature (undead and constructs when you have that ability). Then, keep casting Suggestion on any creatures that are still Fascinated.
- Don't forget about all of the benefits (New songs, skill bonuses, spell point bonuses, new enhancements) provided with the Bardic Prestige Classes: Spellsinger, Swashbuckler, and Warchanter.
- Singing takes a while. If you need to interrupt the singing animation to do a different action (for example a quick heal), use Tumble. Climbing over obstacles / ladders or swimming also interrupts the song.
- If you have only few levels of bard and no/limited investment into Warchanter, the Good Hope spell grants the same bonuses as a weak Inspire Courage and is much faster to cast.
- Do not use Good Hope after a party has just rested with a Heroes' Feast; A bug causes the party to lose the immunity to Poison and Fear.[ ]
- When in a group, use charm spells judiciously.
- Sonic Blast destroys breakables very effectively. It can also target monsters stuck in walls or behind doors.
- Warchanter freezing attacks affect many mob types, learn which are immune so that you don't waste the attacks on them.
- Swashbucklers using Guardbreaking bucklers can daze many mobs with AoE attacks such as Cleave; this quick ad-hoc crowd control can greatly limit incoming damage.