Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Attack on Stormreach|
Trade is Stormreach's life-blood. With its harbor blockaded the city does not have enough supplies to hold out against a Droaam army.
|Operation: Blockade Buster|
|Takes place in:||Stormreach Harbor|
|Bestowed by:||Graden Wylkes|
|NPC contact:||Graden Wylkes|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Palace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Coin Lord Graden Wylkes told you that the Droaam navy has mined Stormreach Harbor. Wylkes wants you to destroy the Droaam's minelaying ships.
Go to the Harbor and speak with the Harbor Pilot Mist. She'll take you out on the water so that you may begin your mission.
- Destroy the Droaam minelayer ships - 3 total
- (Optional) Sink the Droaam fleet without raising an alarm +40% Bonus.
- (Optional) Assassinate the captain of the Vengeance +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Assassinate the captain of the Bloodlust +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Assassinate the captain of the Carnage +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the Vengeance without alerting its crew +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the Bloodlust without alerting its crew +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the Carnage without alerting its crew +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat checks (optional: require INT checks)
- Randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 3 crests)
Tips and Misc
- You need a Crest to enter the Mine Bay on each ship that can be found either in the galley, the bridge, the Captain's Quarters or the Lower Deck; the Mine Bay can be accessed from the Lower Deck of each ship.
- Recent updates allow you to enter doors on/in the ships without breaking stealth or invisibility. Discreet Bonus is now possible.
- Archers and Kobolds throw fire or acid attacks, so get the proper resistance.
- You need Intelligence (11 was sufficient on Normal, 18 on Hard, 25+ on Elite) to unlock the mine bay doors using the control panel. Henchmen can't be used to do this.
- Setting the timer for 15 seconds will probably NOT give you enough time to get clear of the explosion (unless you have Dimension Door - One fighter Henchman can do this).
- Once one ship has exploded, a general alarm is raised aboard each of the other ships.
- If you have the Trapmaking feat, you can create remote detonators to trigger the mines on each ship.
- The barrels of "The Good Stuff" are explosive.
- The Droaam forces patrolling the decks respawn.
- Monsters and breakables left on the ship don't count towards the kills/breakables bonuses
- The monsters will tend to head towards the alarm bells when they first see you (before the alarm is raised in that area) and when they drop to a certain point in their health. You can use that to your advantage with AoE spells like Blade Barrier and Wall of Fire.
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Normal: acid, electric, fire
- Bash can be found on the Carnage's bridge.
- Ghol Kaaz can be found in the Vengeance's Captain's Quarters
- Lobo can be found in the Bloodlust's Captain's Quarters
- Note that each kobold chief engineer has one special trait, which can make them more difficult for different types of players:
- Kozad (Bloodlust) has a bit higher Spot skill and AC (confirmed 42 on hard).
- Krom (Carnage) has higher average damage than other kobolds, reported to be around 10-20 more per attack.
- Krakkle (Vengeance) can throw both fire and acid.
It is possible to sneak around in all three ships, without raising any alarm:
- Discreet bonus: 12 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 45 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 30 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 39 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 1 for killing Chief Engineer Krakkle (Kobold Thrower, found in Vengeance's Mine Bay)
- 1 for killing Chief Engineer Kozad (Kobold Thrower, found in Bloodlust's Mine Bay)
- 1 for killing Chief Engineer Krom (Kobold Thrower, found in Carnage's Mine Bay)
- 1 optional for killing Captain Bash (Ogre, found on Carnage's Bridge)
- 1 for Sinking the Droaam fleet without raising an alarm (Spawns on the raft)
- Collectables: 13
- Bookshelf in the Captain's Quarters
- Two Cabinets in the Lower Deck
- Mold in the Mine Bay
- Cabinet in the Galley
- Mushroom in the Captain's Quarters
- Bookshelf in the Lower Quarters
- Fungus in the Mine Bay
- Cabinet in the Galley
- Mold in the Captain's Quarters
- Cabinet in the Lower Quarters
- Mold in the Mine Bay
- Fungus in the Galley
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from 4
Named Chest Drop
- Brutish Cuirass - +5 Adamantine Full plate: Staggering Blow, [ML:12, BtA] (Bash's chest)
- Wind Howler Bracers - Bracers: Marksmanship, Proficiency: Longbow, Proficiency: Shortbow, Shrieking Bolt, Cyclonic Blast (CL:9, 3/rest) [ML: 13, BtA] (Krom, Krakkle and Kozad's chest)
- Mark of Sheshka (GRAY/SILVER - Any Chest)
|Ghol Kaaz (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Lobo the Bloody (NoPic)||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Combat Engineer (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Droaam Conscript (view)||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Droaam Gnoll Archer (NoPic)||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Infantry (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Droaam Sapper (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Droaam Skirmisher (view)||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Droaam Vanguard (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Droaam Warmage (gnoll) (view)||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Warpriest (view)||Gnoll||Gnoll|