Category:Monsters with damage reduction
DDO includes monsters with Damage Reduction. Monster DR may require specific material, damage types, and/or alignment to bypass the DR and deal full damage. Also, some monsters are vulnerable to magic weapons only (DR/Magic). Any weapon with at least a +1 magical enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls overcomes DR/Magic.
- Material types are Adamantine, Byeshk, Cold Iron, Crystal, Mithral and (Alchemical) Silver.
- Damage types are bludgeoning, piercing and slashing.
- Alignment types are Chaos (or Anarchic), Evil, Good and Law (or Axiomatic).
Some examples include:
- Bearded Devils and Orthons (devils) require good aligned or silver weapons.
- Clay Golems require bludgeoning and adamantine weapons.
- Crimson Foot Spiders require piercing weapons.
- Eladrins require cold iron or evil aligned weapons.
- Flesh Renders (demons) require good aligned and cold iron weapons.
- Thaarak Hounds require lawful aligned weapons.
- Maruts require chaotic aligned weapons.
- Ghostly Skeletons require good aligned weapons.
- Iron Golems and Flesh Golems require adamantine weapons.
- Rakshasas require good aligned and piercing weapons.
- Skeletons require bludgeoning weapons.
- Vampires require silver weapons.
- Zombies require slashing weapons.
Tips for bypassing DR
- A Metalline weapon is enhanced to mimic all material types except Crystal.
- An Aligned weapon mimics all alignments.
- A Green Steel Weapon mimics Evil alignment for the purpose of bypassing DR even if not actually Evil.
- Weapons with both Silver (from Silver or Metalline) and Good (from Pure Good/Holy/Flametouched Iron/Righteous) attributes are popularly known as "Harry Beaters," based on the nickname of Arraetrikos, the end boss of The Shroud raid. Such weapons can bypass this boss's DR of Silver+Good
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.