The Lords of Dust
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Lords of Dust are demons and demon worshippers who seek to free the fiendish Overlords who ruled Eberron long ago during the Age of Demons.
|The Lords of Dust|
|Takes place in:||Cultist Base|
|NPC contact:||Inquisitor Lightbringer|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Cultists who follow the Lords of Dust have been found in Stormreach. The Church of the Silver Flame suspects they are behind the mysterious crack in the Harbor wall, and is determined to stop them.
- Report to Inquisitor Gnomon
- Slay the Lords of Dust cultists - 25 total
- Learn the fate of Inquisitor Gnomon
- Slay Marideth
- Uncover Gnomon's plans
- Slay the Sacrificed Cultists - 8 total
- Slay the Rakshasa, Tahmael
- Slay Rakshasa Lord Gnomon
- Slay the Drow Karas
- (Optional) Put down Bastion (rare spawn) Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Break or purify the altars - 3 total (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay more Lord of Dusts cultists - 10 more (35 total) Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the remaining Lord of Dusts cultists - 15 more (50 total) Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- Horizontal blades on the stairs past the first shrine; control box is on the west side at the top of the second set of stairs (past the trap)
- Fire jet around the corner; control box is on the inside corner past the trap
- Vertical blades between the next two sets of stairs; control box is on the inside corner at the bottom of the second set (past the trap)
- Spikes around the corner from the second set of shrines; control boxes (each controls half the spikes) on either side of the hall past the trap.
- Sonic trap beyond the next door triggers (and the control box can't be sensed) until after the rakshasa lord spawns. Box location varies, before trap.
- Sonic trap in the next room, to the north; control box location varies.
Tips and Misc
- The quest is very linear, despite the appearance of the map.
- The quest is also quite easy in normal due to the lack of powerful trash enemies and the concentration of weak Cultist enemies. At higher levels, the bosses will pose much more of a threat.
- If you stick close to Gnomon upon opening the first door, you can get some free mass buffs that he casts, such as Prayer and Death Ward.
- You may need to explore very short side doors to find the other two Altars, though the third altar is along your journey.
- The first altar is in the northernmost room.
- The second altar is in the westernmost room.
- The third altar is right on the way, where Tahmael appears.
- Someone with the Religious Lore feat may purify the altars instead of destroy them for an extra chest.
- Hirelings will not be able to purify the altars, as they cannot navigate the menu you get when 'using' the Altar.
- Shattering the altars will cause the nearby statues to also shatter, releasing Khyber Jariliths; purifying the altars does not release them.
- You will need to break some shelves to access levers hidden behind them.
- In the first room after the second shrine there are a couple of lion statues. When you approach the boundary between the two rooms, a rakshasa lord will appear and the statues will shatter, releasing Khyber Jariliths. Additionally, a sonic trap will start.
- Bastion may appear in the hallway near the door leading to the second (western) altar.
- Marideth will appear beyond the sealed door past where you meet up with the novice.
- Tahmael will appear by the third altar.
- Gnomon is one of the few enemies in the game that casts Divine Punishment on players, so watch your HPs. He also likes to spam Blade Barrier and Cometfall.
- Your final boss, Karas, deals potent Sneak Attack and doublestrike damage, even if you're highly fortified.
- If you finish out, you'll appear near Dectaran, the quest giver. Take the door at the end and you'll appear on the stairs near the Waterworks, close to Inquisitor Lightbringer, who rewards you. You'll also be standing next to the entrance to the next quest in this chain, Servants of the Overlord.
- Aggression bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 58 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 72 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Tip: Ransack requires smashing every single breakable in the quest. There are 45 breakables in the first half of the quest. If you are trying to achieve Ransack, make sure you have smashed 45 upon reaching the first shrine.
- Chests: 4-5
- One rare for slaying Bastion
- One for slaying Marideth
- One for slaying the Rakshasa, Tahmael
- One possible if you purify (not smash) all the altars (at Tahmael). Anyone with the feat Religious Lore may do this
- One end chest at quest completion
- Collectables: 13
- First section
- Fungus in a corner of the room behind the first door after Gnomon splits off
- Fungus in a corner past the next door
- Bookshelf in the north room (before the first altar)
- Adventurer's Pack on a table in the same room
- Fungus in a corner past the next door
- Two Adventurer's Packs in the room before the second altar
- Moss in the corner of the room south of the novice
- Mold past the fire jet trap on the stairs
- Second section
- Fungus in the north end of the room past the first door
- Fungus before the third door
- Moss just to the east of the second rest shrine
- Fungus just before the end room
- First section
- NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 7, up to ML:14. Rewards are given by Lightbringer, on the docks, rather than Dectaran
Named Chest Drop
- Cruel Nobility - Scimitar - +4, , , , (Tahmael's chest)
- Envenomed Blade - Short Sword - +4, , , , , uses highest of Dex mod or Str mod for Attack and Damage (End chest, Purifying all altars chest)
- Golden Guile - Necklace - , , , (Marideth's chest)
- Rakshasa Hide - Light Armor - +4, , , , (Tahmael's chest)
- Templar's Bulwark - Tower Shield - +4, , , , , (Purifying all altars chest)
|Karas (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Bastion (monster) (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Gnomon (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Marideth (view)||Heroic; Epic||Humanoid||Human|
|Tahmael (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Attack Dog (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Death Knight (view)||16/?/?/?||Undead||Human|
|Khyber Jarilith (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Lord of Dust Zealot (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Rakshasa Lord (view)||Evil Outsider||Rakshasa|
|Sacrificed Cultist (view)||Undead||Skeleton|