Activate this feat to attack one or more enemies in an arc in front of you. This attack deals +1[W] damage.
The area of effect is the same as any regular two handed weapons glancing blow reach. The difference is that cleave counts a full attack, dealing full special effect damage to all targets hit, and also producing a glancing blow (if using an appropriate weapon that allows them). Cleave uses a special animation which varies with weapon style, interrupts your regular attack chain, and generally executes at a slower speed. As of update 9, cleave now executes much faster for most weapon styles, resulting in much lower loss of attack speed than before.
Additionally, attack speed debuffs do not apply to cleave; if you are under the effects of one, you can actually attack faster by using it.
- Great Cleave does not replace Cleave. Both abilities are on separate timers, allowing both to be used and chained together in a fight.
- Paladins can take a Tier 2 Knight of the Chalice enhancement, Exalted Cleave. This does share a cooldown with Cleave.
- Barbarians can take a Tier 3 Frenzied Berserker enhancement, Supreme Cleave. This has its own cooldown, allowing it to be chained with either/both other Cleaves.
- Warlocks can take a Tier 3 Enlightened Spirit enhancement, Eldritch Burst. This does share a cooldown with Cleave.
- A Fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.