Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Within the great stone walls of Gianthold Tor lies the Stormreaver and his 3 renegade dragons.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
|Epic XP:||Return to Gianthold Tor|
|Takes place in:||Gianthold Tor|
|Quest acquired in:||Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
Flagging quest for The Reaver's Fate raid. To gain access, finish the three quests The Prison of the Planes, Madstone Crater, and A Cabal for One (in any order), collect 9 of each ancient relic, and then talk to Crag in the Gianthold city zone.
With Update 17 several pre-update 17 heroic objectives in this quest have been removed and /or replaced to be identical to epic version.
- Locate the gateways to the dragons
- Find and Speak to Snutch
- Secure the gatehouses
- Learn what is truly going on inside the Tor
- Destroy the crystals (2)
- Slay the Portal Master
- (Optional) Defeat the white dragon and the giant champion: +30% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the blue dragon and the giant champion: +30% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat the black dragon and the giant champion: +30% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Monsters that have to be killed almost simultaneously (optional: 3 pairs of monsters consisting of 1 giant and 1 dragon each)
- Sonic traps going up the stairs to north side (leading to blue dragon) can be disarmed.
Tips and Misc
Be sure to prepare well before entering the circle at the entry, the opening battle is a long one.
Keep an eye out for the "secret passages" hidden in the walls (shown as portals on the map on this page, but not shown in-game). They lead to an early shrine and past sealed doors to continue the quest.
The main portion of the quest ends once you've slain the Portal Keeper, Caraduhn, and characters can finish at that point if they wish. Make sure you wait for his comments before you break each shrine, because he occasionally won't become hostile if you break shrines immediately without waiting for him to respond. The dragons and giant champions are optional and purple-named. They are much tougher than the main part of the quest; you might find yourself unprepared if you attempt to challenge the dragons on Hard/Elite.In order to defeat the dragon and the giant, you must kill both of them at the same time (within about 8 seconds) or the dead one will revive with full life and all the debuffs will disappear.
- West - White
- North - Blue
- East - Black
As of U17, the gatehouse levers do not need to be pulled simultaneously.
- Death Ward or Restoration
- Resist Energy: Fire (for pyromancer giants), then also (for dragons) Acid (black dragon), Electricity (blue dragon), or Cold (white dragon)
- Resist Fear
- Freedom of Movement helps versus the white dragon
- Chests: 7
- 1 in the western section before the Portal keeper
- 1 at the end for killing the Portal keeper (Giant)
- 1 optional, along the path to the white dragon
- 1 optional, along the path to the blue dragon
- 1 optional, for killing Grundaussir and Jorgundal ar'Grund (White Dragon and Stone Giant)
- 1 optional, for killing Yorgulhar and Nimbus ar'Yorg (Blue Dragon and Cloud Giant)
- 1 optional, for killing Rhindvutha and Blaze ar'Rhind (Black Dragon and Fire Giant)
- NPC rewards: Standard level 12-14 loot
Named Chest Drop
- Madstone Rod - +1 Club: Dispel Madstone Effects. 50 charges, no recharge (Wizard, Sorcerer, Bard only) (one per party after each dragon)
Black Dragon (east)
- Allegiance - +5 Khopesh: , Khopesh Proficiency [ML:12]
- Bronze Ingot Arcanum - +2 Quarterstaff: , , [ML:12]
- Globe of Imperial Blood - Augment: , , , , , [ML:14]
- Helm of the Black Dragon - Helm: , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1) [ML:13]
- Manacles of Ceaseless Toil - Bracers: , , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3)
- Tortured Livewood Bow - +5 Longbow: [ML:12]
- The Turmoil Within - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier IV, Attack Bonus +2, , Rune Arm Imbue: Acid III, Craftable Rune Arm (+5) [ML:13]
Blue Dragon (center)
- Belt of the Seven Ideals - Belt: ,
- Giantcraft Siberys Compass - Trinket: , , [ML:13]
- Hammer of the Leaden Clouds - +4 Warhammer: , , Stunning +8, , [ML:12]
- Helm of the Blue Dragon - Helm: , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1)
- Mantle of the Dragonfriend - Cloak: ,
- Ring of the Stormreaver Prophecy - Ring: ,
- Copper Ingot Arcanum - +2 Quarterstaff: , , [ML:12]
- Skyvault Shield - +4 Heavy shield: , [ML:12]
- Arcing Sky - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier IV, Dodge bonus 3%, , Rune Arm Imbue: Electrical III, Craftable Rune Arm (+5)[ML:13]
White Dragon (west)
- Bulwark of the Storm's Fist - +3 Heavy steel shield: [ML:12]
- Silver Ingot Arcanum - +2 Quarterstaff: , , [ML:12]
- Gloves of Forgotten Craft - Gloves: , , Weapon Focus: Thrown [ML:13]
- Great Axe of the Chained Soldier - +5 Greataxe: , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1) [ML:12]
- Helm of the White Dragon - Helm: , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1)
- Intricate Field Optics - Goggles: , , Continuous Detect Secret Doors [ML:13]
- Jorgundal's Collar - Necklace: Melee Alacrity 10% [ML:13]
- Chill of Winter - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier: IV, , , Rune Arm Imbue: Cold III, Craftable Rune Arm (+5) [ML:13]