|This server will be closed in 2 days on Friday, November 15, 2019.|
Hardcore League is a limited time event, open for 90 days, running from Friday, August 16, 2019 to Friday, November 15, 2019. You can play on a special perma-death server with some additional rules.
- Available for VIP only.
- At this point, it is planned as a one-time event.
Rules and mechanics
- Basic rule: If you die, you're dead, drawn away to "the nether realm". No Raise Dead, no self-raises, no res shrines, no res cakes, no Jibbers, no nothing, thank you for playing, this character is done on the Hardcore League server. Period.
- Deaths from quest-specific mechanics (such as The Shroud part 4 death) and /death command do count.
- Once your character is sent to the nether realm, they will not be able to access the shared bank on the Hardcore League server, thus cannot transfer any item that is in their possession.
- Death is Announced: World Broadcasts are sent when higher level characters die.
- All characters start at level 1, even iconics.
- You cannot enter a dungeon if your level is more than 4 levels higher than the base challenge rating. ("Base" means the challenge rating on Normal difficulty.)
- You cannot transfer to this server, but you can transfer your characters (even dead ones) to normal servers. This transfer is free.
- Hirelings and the DDO Store are allowed. The goal is to be as close to live servers as possible.
Players can get exclusive cosmetic rewards for participating / meeting certain goals (favor, reaper XP, level).
Mortality, the Rewards NPC: At various places in the game world you can find a new NPC named Mortality. Mortality will grant cosmetic rewards to characters that have passed specific benchmarks. These rewards, once unlocked on a character on the Hardcore League Season server will be available for all characters on that account on all servers. When you reach a milestone, you have to talk to Mortality to claim your reward.
The rewards are account-wide, available on all servers.
- 1750 favor: Eyes of Darkness - Death Watches You cosmetic feat
- 5000 favor: Bloody Footprint cosmetic feat
- 10 reaper points: Death Walker's Cloak (cosmetic)
- 20 reaper points: Blood Reaper pet (Blood Wraith)
- Level 20: Death Walker's Sash (cosmetic)
Rewards might be shuffled around, check in game.
- Talking to the Mortality NPC also allows you to see top 100 performers in two categories: Total Favor and Reaper XP
- The top 100 winners of the two ladders will be immortalized in the Hall of Heroes with a plaque featuring the character names.
- When a character dies, their place on the leader board is lost.
- If you would like to Reincarnate in a way that would reset your Favor, keep in mind that this reset to 0 Favor will likely push you off of the leaderboard.
- Any character who reaches at least Level 5 and survives on the server will be recognized in The DDO Chronicle newsletter.
The server is going to close as advertised in mid November. After a couple days or weeks, server reopens and players can transfer their characters. See.
Announcement at 2019 Gen Con:
Lamannia preview:(available also to non-VIP)