Hold for Reinforcements
Now is the time for valor in the face of overwhelming evil. You must protect Coyle until Deneith's reinforcements can secure the Library of Threnal.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|Hold for Reinforcements|
|Takes place in:||The Library of Threnal|
|Bestowed by:||Sal Danel|
|NPC contact:||Sal Danel|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Coyle has sent an urgent request for help. The fire reaver Basthuul is rallying his minions in a last-ditch attempt to overrun the library and slaughter House Deneith's exploratory team. You must defend Coyle until his magical beacon is fully activated.
- Part 3 of The Eastern Excavation (Threnal East 3).
- Defend the library for 15 minutes
- Slay Basthuul
- (Optional) Keep attackers from giving Coyle an incapacitating injury — Bonus (50%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Timed quest (15 minutes)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- The 15 minute timer starts as soon as the first person enters the quest and it doesn't take long before mobs start spawning, so try and enter together. Buff Coyle Lovell as soon as you get in with the buffs listed below and more. He thinks he's a bit of a hero and he tries to "help" in the fight, which gets him a lot of aggro.
- Useful buffs:
- Resists: Acid, Cold, Fire
- Heroism/Greater Heroism
- Aid/Mass Aid (extra temporary HP is always good!)
- Rage for more HP
- Possibly Bear's Endurance
- Deathward (Stops Tharaak Hounds' dance of death, Renders' inflict wounds)
- As of Update 23 the quest no longer fails if Coyle is incapacitated (as he no longer dies). However, it is +50% XP if you can prevent this.
- If you're running this at level, a full balanced group is recommended. A caster with heightened web can be very useful on this quest to ensure all non-fire monsters are quickly controlled before they can harm Coyle. Cloudkill helps a lot to draw aggro to the party as well, and given its long duration, can be maintained throughout the quest with careful spell point usage.
- Otto's Sphere of Dancing is another useful crowd control spell if you're running this above level.
- You can hit Coyle Lovell on the head using bluff to stop him running into his death; it's useful to put an AoE CC spell such as Otto's Sphere of Dancing or Web on top of him when he's down. He'll wake up when damaged, however, so keep a close eye on him.
- If you're just after completion for end rewards, it is easily soloable on casual with a cleric (or hireling) to spam blade barriers around the poor knocked out Coyle
- Aggression bonus: 72 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: One Endchest, May contain the unique loot listed below
- NPC rewards: Random item