Introduced in Update 18 as part of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion, Iconic Heroes (or simply Iconics) are a form of character creation, sort of like a mix of Veteran Status, 32 point build, and new race.
- All start in special locations and are given enough XP to level to 15 (1,050,000 XP for 1st life characters).
- Are race/class combos with new racial abilities.
- However, only 1st class level is forced to take in this creation process. So, they can either;
- take a predefined path,
- or customize their levels,
- or reject training to train normally in a public instance (including multiclassing options), to level 15.
- Receive their own set of starter equipment.
- Can travel between Forgotten Realms and Eberron from the character selection screen, without purchasing the Hall of Heroes Passport account upgrade.
The initial four Iconic Hero options:
- Bladeforged (Paladin)
- Morninglord (Cleric)
- Purple Dragon Knight (Cormyrean Fighter)
- Shadar-kai Assassin (Rogue from the plane of Shadow)
New Iconic Heroes
- Deep Gnome (Svirfneblin Gnome Wizard)
- Aasimar Scourge of the Undead, (Aasimar, a Ranger with Divine Ancestry) - Available in the 3rd Expansion "Mists of Ravenloft" preorder Fall 2017 or DDO points early 2018
|Race||First class||Strength||Dexterity||Constitution||Intelligence||Wisdom||Charisma||Racial ability enhancement|
|Sun Elf (Morninglord)||Cleric||8-18||8-18||6-16||10-20||8-18||8-18||Intelligence +2|
|Purple Dragon Knight||Fighter||8-18||8-18||8-18||8-18||8-18||8-18||+1 to two different stats of your choice|
|Shadar-kai||Rogue||8-18||10-20||8-18||8-18||8-18||6-16||+1 to one of Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom|
|Deep Gnome (Svirfneblin)||Wizard||6-16||8-18||8-18||10-20||10-20||6-16||Intelligence or Wisdom +2 or split +1 to each|
|Aasimar Scourge||Ranger||8-18||8-18||8-18||8-18||10-20||8-18||Charisma or Strength or Wisdom +2 or split +1 to 2|
- Lesser Reincarnation:
- Iconic characters can lesser reincarnate as normal. With a Lesser Heart of Wood that is +1 or better, you may choose to remove the default first level in your given class (assuming the new class meets restrictions - see Lesser Reincarnation for full discussion).
- Heroic True Reincarnation:
- Heroic True Reincarnation (at Level 20) is not available for characters currently on any Iconic life. You must level to 30 for any form of Reincarnation (except Lesser Reincarnation).
- Iconic True Reincarnation:
- Iconic True Reincarnation is only available for characters currently on an Iconic life.
- You must be at the level cap (level 30) to Iconic True Reincarnate.
- Epic Reincarnation:
- Epic Reincarnation is available to Iconic characters.
- You must be at the level cap (level 30) to Epic Reincarnate.