- Causes four 2-foot-diameter chunks of rock to spring forth and streak in straight lines toward a target, leaving fiery trails of sparks. The meteors explode on impact, dealing 1d3+1 Fire damage per Caster Level (a successful Reflex save reduces the fire damage by half) and 1d2+1 Bludgeoning damage per Caster Level (no save) to targets in the area. This spell has double range.
- If a meteor misses its target, it simply explodes at the nearest corner of the target’s space. If a creature is within the area of more than one meteor, it must save separately against each. (Fire resistance applies to each sphere’s damage individually.)
- Unlike most other projectile spells, the caster can arc these meteors over small objects if they have no target selected (they also arc slightly with a target selected). In practice this works somewhat, but is can be difficult to accurately target as the meteors tend to spread out over longer distances in a fairly non-ideal pattern. The spell now has free double range, so arcing it over very long distances can work in some scenarios, but not all. It also oddly still allows enlarge, which may allow for extremely long distance casting. The affected AOE range of each meteor is large but not the largest, similar to the Fireball AOE, but smaller then Delayed Blast Fireball.
- Spell Power
- The fire portion of the spell is affected by Combustion, the bludgeoning portion by Impulse. Critical chance for both portions is affected by Fire lore; Kinetic lore items do not affect it. Discussions: DDO Forums, DDO Forums
- Elemental Savant
- As an earth and fire spell, it is affected by both earth savant and fire savant pre's. Fire Savants can also benefit from the fire resistance bypass.
Further, by using the active portion of the Fire Savant's capstone the player incurs a -3 Caster Level to Earth spells. This includes Meteor Swarm. DDO Forums
- Bug: If this spell is cast with Quicken metamagic, only 2 meteors are launched (tested on Sorcerer). This happens if you enable Quicken by right-clicking the spell. When you enable Quicken globally, this problem seems to go away.,