Return to Cabal for One
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
An ancient giantish relic is said to lie within the hobgoblin lair. Only the murderous intrigues of the hobgoblin clans lie in the way. These ruins have long been inhabited by this fractured remnant of the Dhakaani empire.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
|Return to Cabal for One|
|Heroic XP:||A Cabal for One|
|Takes place in:||Hobgoblin Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Ysba Stonespear|
|NPC contact:||Ysba Stonespear|
|Quest acquired in:||Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
This is one of the four quests required to be completed to run the Fall of Truth raid.
- Explore the Hobgoblin encampment
- Speak to Gardak Bruntsmash
- Slay the Arzag-Khor conspirators (4 total)
- (Optional) Slay Olos Nobrac: +15% Bonus.
- Reach the throne room
- Slay King Bendix
- Find the Giantish relic
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
Search and Spot DCs
One of the chests once had a super trapsmith's challenge and was the toughest non-epic trap in DDO (though is no longer true and the trap DC is now close to average DC for the quest level). It's behind a secret door.
Tips and Misc
Good buffs to have:
- Normal: resist cold and fire, True Seeing, and, of course, Greater Heroism. There is also a caster who may cast Flesh to Stone on you, so carrying a couple of Stone to Flesh scrolls is good insurance.
- Hard: resist cold, fire, sonic.
- Elite: resist acid, cold, fire, sonic. Loremasters dispell, so don't bother extending.
- There is only 1 shrine - plan accordingly;
Clear out around the corner and speak to the traitor hobgoblin. He will give you two options. One, assist him in taking the place of leader amongst the tribe. Doing so, he will go through and clear out almost all of the traps in the compound, though he will double-cross you in the end. As of update 17, this route will no longer give you his extra chest at the end of the quest. Two, call him out and kick his butt right then and there. If you do this you will have to disable the traps along the way (bonus XP if you have a rogue) and (as of Update 17) you get the extra chest at the end.
Make a choice and head further in. You will reach a low wall with a gate, with a passage that goes around. You can jump over the wall to open the gate, but either way you will need to go through the side passage to defeat a required enemy. In this side room is the ultimate trapsmith's challenge. There is a chest behind a secret door that is trapped with the super exploding spike trap of doom. There is nothing special about the loot inside, no matter all the work it takes to get it, so bypass it if you don't have an rogue or a super evasion save.
Clear out the hall and take the right side at the fork to clear out the shrine. (If you skip the shrine because you don't need it yet, the end door won't open and you'll have to go back to the shrine and kill the things inside. This isn't a bad idea as it allows you to shrine, then head in to the final fight.) Then head back to the left. There is a small room to the left you will need to deal with. Then head further in. The gates ahead are blocked, so you will need to go to the northern doors, climb the ladders and clear out both top rooms. That will open the gates, allowing you access to the final hall and throne room.
Defeat the king (he can be tough due to being able to heal very quickly, especially on elite. Burst DPS is important here), and Gardak the Traitor (if you chose that option) and get your chest(s). The king's chest will have 1 Ancient Elven Relic.
The quest does not end until someone picks up the Giantish Relic (the stone face at the end fight).
End Reward: Speak to Darsak in the Gianthold for standard reward choice
- Aggression bonus: 86 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 109-112 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: <=12 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 54 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 trapped and locked almost halfway through the quest
- 1 at the end for killing Gardak Bruntsmash (Hobgoblin, found close to the entrance, the chest appear only if you provoke Gardak into fighting you)
- when you cooperate with Gardak his chest has a low chance of dropping 1 Ancient Elven Relic. Tentative 10-15% chance.
- 1 at the end for killing King Bendix (Hobgoblin)
- it has 1 Ancient Elven Relic.
- NPC rewards: Speak to Darsak in the Gianthold for standard reward choice
Named Chest Drop
|Gardak Bruntsmash (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|King Bendix (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Olos Nobrac (NoPic)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Arzag-Khor Loremaster (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Arzag-Khor Shaman (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Cloven-Jaw Scout (view)||CR||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Cloven-Jaw Veteran (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Cloven-Jaw Warlord (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Glacier Wolf (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|