Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Attack on Stormreach|
|Takes place in:||Temple Ruins|
|Bestowed by:||Delera Omaren IV|
|NPC contact:||Delera Omaren IV|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Palace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Delera Omaren IV used her magic to reconnoiter the tunnels Droaam dug beneath Lordsmarch Plaza. She discovered that one of them leads directly to Droaam's army headquarters on Xen'drik.
Delera wants you to go to their headquarters and deal with their commander. She was unable to determine who that commander is, other than it is a powerful magical being of some sort.
Go to Lordsmarch Plaza and use the Droaam tunnel entrance there to reach Droaam's headquarters.
- Find the Droaam army's general
- Assassinate high-ranking officers
- Close the portal to Droaam
- (Optional) Set tents on fire (Ignite 4) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Poison the water supply +7% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the crates of army provisions +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Blow up the explosives stockpile of the Droaam army +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Tinkerstab, the Droaam Siege Engineer +12% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Skinny, the Droaam Half-orc Chef +12% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Maj. Pain, Droaam Interrogator +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Brinky, the Droaam Warpriest +12% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Points of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Puzzles (mandatory: light puzzles)
- At the final chamber the puzzle tiles are trapped (fire, acid, cold, electricity, spike). These can be disabled, but must be disabled again on each round
Tips and Misc
- Pale Masters: Beware of Kobolds! They occasionally cast Sunburst which deals light damage!
- Poison the Water Supply, Set Tents on Fire, and Destroy the Crates of Army Provisions are optionals, but completing them each spawn high level officers needed for completion. If not fought by completing the optionals, you must fight them during the end battle. If fought at the end, you will only get one bonus chest instead of three.
- To poison water supply you need to get bucket from Poisoner's Shop ( on map), collect some waste from ( on map) and use it on waterfall in the first room.
- There is a known issue of the officers occasionally not spawning during the final fight, leaving the quest incomplete. You may however utilize a Dimension Door spell to go back and complete the optional to allow the officer to spawn earlier in the quest.
- Setting tents on fire (3 at the beginning, 1 after toilet pool) may actually require Fireballs (Flame Strike works too). Spells or spell-like abilities such as Breath of the Fire Dragon (for Monks) or Burning Hands don't appear to work reliably, if at all. Wall of Fire does not work. Scrolls of flaming sphere do work.
- Alternatively, lure the kobold sappers close to the tents and let them use their fire spells (blowing themselves up) to attack you and ignite the tents.
- The Droaam Warpriests cast Flame Strike. You can stand next to a tent and get them to ignite them for you.
- Unlike other quests, the many barrels in the explosive barrel room have chained ignitions. Set one off, and adjoining ones ignite as well.
- You will die if you stand on the same level of either the big explosive barrels as they detonate.
- There are two puzzles where you have to light 5 plates in a pentagram (star) formation. The first seals a one-way hole to the next to final level. The last and larger puzzle is guarded by a Sora Kell hag.
- If you start the pattern on a different pad, you'll need to step in a different pattern. For instance, if you start from step on 1 then 2 and 5 then 4 and 3, or if you step on 3 first then 2 and 4 then 1 and 5.
- Rather than using the aforementioned puzzle-solving method(s): As long as the puzzle hasn't been touched upon spawning, simply touching each plate and going around in a clockwise (or counter-clockwise) fashion, touching each plate only once, will also solve the puzzle.
- The end-fight's larger puzzle pads are trapped and are rearmed each time the hag becomes immaterial. Your rogue will be VERY busy to help in reducing damage to the puzzle solver.
- Summoned pets, hirelings, and monsters will toggle the puzzle plates.
- Stealthy solo players (no hirelings or summoned creatures) have a second option to clear the end fight. Buff before you enter the hole. Next, attack the hag, always keeping her in the center of the platform. Immediately go into Sneak (and use Invisibility if possible) each time the hag stops fighting, staying within the circle. The waves of her reinforcements will appear but should not see you with sufficient skill, allowing you to complete the puzzle with the simple circle route. Once the puzzle disappears, kill the reinforcements to bring the hag back to tangibility.
- CAUTION: The pads are trapped; this method requires Evasion to escape serious damage from the pads. Once each puzzle is solved, the enemy portal will disappear, leaving you to kill the small amount of reinforcements.
- WARNING: This procedure will be harder if you have any red-named lieutenants remaining, which will appear each time the hag goes incorporeal. They and their minions will wreck the puzzle if they detect you, but it is possible to complete the puzzle in a circle, then engage them. Best to find and destroy all lieutenants before the final puzzle room. Remember, each optional (burning the tents, poisoning the water) often spawn those lieutenants.
- You can freely repeat this pattern to the last wave where the monsters mounted on the rust monsters will not move as you sneak to solve the puzzle once more, which completes the quest. Loot the end-chest fast and use a quick teleport method if possible, or stay on the far wall opposite the idle army as you finish out.
- A party should be able to do this as well--if they use invisibility rapidly, have not spawned any bosses with True Seeing, and stay in Sneak and absolutely still in the center while a person with high Hide/Move Silently skill and Evasion completes the puzzles, detecting and removing the traps along the way if a Rogue, for the disable bonuses.
- Most of the named only spawn after completing an objective/optional:
- (Optional) Defeat Tinkerstab, the Droaam Siege Engineer appears only after you have completely cleared the first room
- (Optional) Set tents on fire (Ignite 4) will cause one of the high ranking officers to spawn
- (Optional) Poison the water supply will cause one of the high ranking officers to spawn
- (Optional) Destroy the crates of army provisions will cause one of the high ranking officers to spawn
- (Optional) Blow up the explosives stockpile of the Droaam army will cause * (Optional) Defeat Maj. Pain, Droaam Interrogator and * (Optional) Defeat Brinky, the Droaam Warpriest to appear.
- Brinky says, 'Hey, look at this mess. Someone set us up ... the...' This is probably a reference to the All Your Base meme. 
- Aggression bonus: 76 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 102 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 121 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 85 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 107 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 134 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 6
- 1 optional for killing Tinkerstab (Kobold, found in the starting room after you have completely cleared it)
- 1 optional for killing a high ranking officer after setting the tents on fire
- 1 optional for killing a high ranking officer after poisoning the water supply
- 1 optional for killing Brinky and Maj. Pain (Kobold and Ogre, found after you blow up the explosives stockpile of the Droaam army)
- 1 optional for killing a high ranking officer after destroying the crates of army provisions (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 at the end for killing Sora Katra (Green Hag)
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choice of 4 random items. Also unlocks the chain end reward if you completed all the previous quests.
Named Chest Drop
- Garments of Equilibrium - Outfit: , , [ML:12, BtA] (Any Chest)
- Night Hag's Heartstone - Trinket: — 5 Charges (Recharged/Day:5), , [ML:13, BtA] (End chest)
- Mark of Tzaryan Rrac (Any chest)
Quest chain end reward
All items are BtA. Some may not appear and will be replaced with similar randomized BtA items.
- Gnollish War Bow - +5 Longbow: Crippling, Feat:Bow Strength, Malleable
- Ogrish War Axe - +5 Greataxe: Vengeful, , Malleable
- Hooked Blade - +5 Khopesh: Limb Chopper, , Malleable
- Frostflame Robe - Robe: , , ,
- Frostflame Docent - Docent: , , ,
- Staff of the Shadow - +5 Quarterstaff: Lesser Vampirism, Life Stealing, Malleable
- Trial by Fire - Rune Arm: Fire Blast, , - 5, Rune Arm Imbue: Fire II, Craftable Rune Arm(+4)
- Mark of Bal Molesh
- Mark of Rhesh Turakbar
- Mark of Sheshka
- Mark of Tzaryan Rrac
- End Solver Solution, for all patterns, not just starting: