Summon Monster I
From DDO wiki
|Name:||Summon Monster I|
|Spell Level:||Brd 1, Clr 1, FvS 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Wlk 1|
|Spell Point Cost:||10|
|Cooldown:||4 seconds (All except sorcerer), 2 seconds (Sorcerer)|
- Summoning a new creature of any type from another spell will return the previous one to its home plane. You may sometimes have multiple summons through the use of certain unique clickies or enhancements, but not any of the summon monster X line.
- This spell has no timer associated, so you have to figure out yourself how much summoning time remains. On the plus side, the summoned creature won't disappear through rest. It will even persist a minute after the caster leaves the instance, but immediately disappear is the caster dies. The summoned Monster cannot be given orders nor use ladders, climb walls, or jump off platforms, however it will teleport to you if it cannot reach you and is very far away. It is affected by beneficial and detrimental spells much like any Hireling or party member.
- It's often more efficient spell-points wise to summon a new creature than to heal an existing one; your Hirelings will unfortunately do the latter!
- Casting time is much longer than other spells of the same level.
- Bug: Summon Monster I-IX scrolls were not updated properly when they reduced the cooldown for these spells. They still have the 5 minute global cooldown, and when used trigger this long 5 minute cooldown on all summon monster spells.
Summoned Creature notes: All summoned creatures are CR 1
- Celestial Dog: Lawful Good
- Brown Rat: Neutral
- Small Brown Spider: Neutral, slightly less hitpoints than dog or rat but does have tremor sense.