Old Damage Reduction page
Initial damage reduction for a barbarian is 1/- This means that incoming damage from all sources is reduced by one point. The '-' indicates attacks or materials that will ignore the damage reduction. For example, the Warforged racial feat Adamantine Body grants damage reduction of 2/adamantine. So, all incoming damage is reduced by 2 unless it is from an adamantine weapon, in which case damage reduction is ignored and full damage is taken from the attack.
Someone should look at the Lair of Summoning mission (in house K) and find out what the DR of the final fire elemental in there is. I swear, my +2 weapon did not hurt it at all, but my +3 did.
The description and the formula of DR given could be read as if DR of shield and shield mastery would apply even if NOT actively blocking with the shield. Is it so?
- No. You only get shield DR (mastery or otherwise) if actively blocking. You get your base/armor DR if you're blocking or not Sonil 11:03, August 24, 2006 (EDT)
- I will clear it up, thanks -- Tihocan 11:11, August 24, 2006 (EDT)
- Good idea! Might want to use
~~~~to sign your posts though (-; Elliott Cable - ?+¿ - ‹·› 00:58, October 1, 2006 (EDT)
Ok, done. I confirmed all three Active Blocking DR calculations in game. Still need to check on WF DR, Stoneskin DR, axe/spear/hammerblock DR with Active Blocking. I *think* only DR/- is added to Active Blocking. Mad Bombardier 13:38, November 1, 2007 (EDT)
- Seems good to me, I always was unhappy of that page, glad to see it's getting some love.
Thanks a lot for your work Mad. :) Borror0 13:42, November 1, 2007 (EDT)
- Confirmed in-game: WF Adamantine, Stoneskin, and Axe/Spear/Hammerblock ARE added into Active Blocking DR. It can be bypassed, and if so, is removed from the total DR in the calculation. I tried to explain it as clearly as possible and provide detailed examples. Mad Bombardier 16:40, November 1, 2007 (EDT)
I'd like to redo the DR page to have it answer questions like "What, exactly, breaks DR/Evil?"
I put together an initial design in the forum thread .
I'd like some feedback on the best way to set this up. Specific questions I have:
- Would it be better to split up player DR and Monster DR into separate pages? - Should each DR type have its own wiki page? Like, say, DR/Evil could have a page with the detailed info from the thread .
Thanks in advance for any feedback. (And apologies; I continue to not know how to properly format talk pages.)
Added DR section
I added a section about monsters bypassing DR. The information in it has been personally confirmed by me to the best of my ability.
- Mephits and gargoyles of any CR, even CR1-4, bypass DR Magic.
- Tested ~10 creatures with DR Good, all bypassed DR Evil.
- Ghaeles in RWTD (DR Evil) bypassed DR Good.
- Unable to find anything that bypasses DR Cold Iron (from Shiradi), even epic Lailat. Cdr (Contributions • Message) 17:06, August 17, 2013 (EDT)