Talk:Vaults of the Artificers loot
- Seems to be... purty picture with a popup listing the name and the Challenge obtained in. Assuming that's what it's supposed to do, working fine. It does underline the picture when hovering over, which makes the line slightly taller and causing everything under it to jump a couple of pixels, if that's what's wacky for you... - LrdSlvrhnd 00:30, November 12, 2011 (EST)
- They look good to me... I see the same wacky things as LrdSlvrhnd but they make the tables more compact than using the names. BTW, I finished writing up the rest of the items and abilities from live and removed the old Lama info. I got a lot more of the informational links working with this set, but I'm still getting used to this wiki's style sheets so I don't have a lot of them popping up, etc. --Mojoronomous 19:54, November 12, 2011 (EST)
- They work fine on chrome, but the ones on the right side are outside screen regardless of screen width in firefox, so it is impossible to see what you need to run to get the ingredient from this list and instaed need to look up them on https://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_loot making it an annoying extra step of either launching chrome or going to that page. Luvirini (Contributions • Message) 09:08, April 15, 2012 (EDT)
- And I'm having no problems in 3.6.28 (...I don't like change). Luvirini, you may want to change the default skin - if you go to Preferences > Appearance, you can switch from the default Truglass2 to Truglass, which puts the site navbar over to the right. This should do the trick (Tech, is there any way to get the pop-ups to not scroll off like that? We really need to do something about this for non-registered people/people like me who generally don't think to change the skin...) -LrdSlvrhnd (Contributions • Message) 17:22, April 15, 2012 (EDT)
- Yes, I am working on revamping the deprecated crap out of the Truglass skin, and then I'll work on the Truglass2 skin. I wouldn't expect it before the next MW version update on the server because there will be new changes and new skins with the new version is my understanding.. I'm also working on making the skins more mobile (handheld) friendly. -- ShoeMaker (Contributions • Message) 17:31, April 15, 2012 (EDT)
- Running firefox 10.0.0.2 and resolution does not matter, making the browser wider just makes the columns wider and still the right side is outside (tried even maximizing on 1920x1080). But changing to Truglass from the default did indeed help. So I just have to be logged in in futute and it works for me, but the default view people see is still thus broken.Luvirini (Contributions • Message) 08:38, April 18, 2012 (EDT)
Should we move this page to "Vaults of the Artificers adventure pack rewards" or something similar? I don't know if it creates the redirects automatically and I'm not too keen on causing a trainwreck. --Mojoronomous 14:34, November 14, 2011 (EST)
- It would create the correct redirects if actually moved (as opposed to C&Ped)... however, I'm not too keen on the idea, because they've suggested having other challenges in the future. Dunno if they'd add those to the current Vault of the Artificers pack, or make them a different pack, or do something like upgrading Harbinger of Madness to include a challenge set involving Taken, etc.... but I suspect however it's done, they'd mostly still be Cannith Challenges. So until they actually come out with more and we see what direction they take, I'd just as soon leave things as-is for the time being. Although I do think we should either change this to "loot" or the CC page to "reward items," and make Mabar match (I don't believe Mabar has its own separate page, but I believe the items themselves are categorized under "loot"). - LrdSlvrhnd 18:48, November 14, 2011 (EST)
- yea, all of these are not really "chest loot", nor "quest reward". i dont consider them as "crafted items" either since the UI is just about bartering with collectables/ingredients. best to come up with something new.. "Cannith Challenge prize items", maybe? meh, duh... --yoko5000 23:48, November 14, 2011 (EST)
- It's *sort* of a quest reward, kinda... certainly closer than chest loot. Maybe a more generic "Challenge Rewards" and lump CC and Mabar into challenges? Although Mabar doesn't really fit the pattern of the other two, 'cause you don't need to do the dungeon until L12, and you technically don't need to do the dungeon at all, if you can get enough motes to buy scales. "Barter Items" and add the Invader tokens and antique bronze tokens and adamantine ore items (and anything else with a similar 'Collect enough items and make something at a guaranteed cost' mechanic) to the list? I dunno. I say keep it as-is 'til they release more challenges to play with, unless somebody comes up with a totally brilliant idea. This and CC have close-enough mechanics that they should be put together no matter what we decide, and while Mabar's not really that close, it's more similar than it is to anything else going. - LrdSlvrhnd 00:30, November 16, 2011 (EST)
Why are the sections headers being place on the Main Topic page and Not being place within the item table page? Adding unnecessary navigation to make edits. Bladedge 23:14, November 16, 2011 (EST)
- Now the edit button does what it suppose to do and not take you to a :link or having to use a link to get to the page with the edit button. Bladedge 00:30, November 17, 2011 (EST)
- Good change, just left out the links within the headers. For the why: originally on the Mabar Endless Night Festival they started splitting the items out into sub pages, and I was annoyed that it left no way to get to the sub pages directly to Watch them, edit them, etc. So I added headers with links in the main page. I didn't think to move them (with the links) to the sub-pages as you and I have now done here. I think this works well, thanks. -- Backley 03:49, November 17, 2011 (EST)
- Didn't realize what the links were for until after the 2nd mass set of edits, by then was starting to fall asleep. Actually its Crystal cove that has the same problem Mabar doesn't seem to have the same issue. I already started to fix the pages dealing with the Crystal cove items/pages and editing Mabar festival they currently in a .txt file on my home PC. I tend to be organization freak just hated seeing the chaos on the page, tables on left side another in the center. Have to fix those tables columns widths they are ummm looking like they came for the plane of Xoriat. Bladedge 14:11, November 17, 2011 (EST)
Several sections not showing up
Ring of master artificer, Cloak of flame, ring of stalker.. All seem to be coded in right, but dont show up. Any ideas? Shade 15:06, December 13, 2011 (EST)
- If you edit just the Clothing/Jewelry section and click Preview, they all do show. My guess is we are hitting a MaxTemplateInclusions or something on the main page rendering. Not sure the best method to fix that (probably some form of simplification of the page). Backley 16:07, December 13, 2011 (EST)
- This is most likely started when the additional tiers for lvs 8-16 appeared.
From Wikipedia Very long or complicated pages are slow to parse. Not only is this an inconvenience for users, but it can also be used to mount a denial of service (DoS) attack on the servers -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Template_limits
Cannith Challenge reward items:
NewPP limit report
Preprocessor node count: 62848/1000000
Post-expand include size: 2097152/2097152 bytes <----Very Bad
Template argument size: 703420/2097152 bytes
From the looks of it the memory to expand the templates has reach its max.
Possible Options included:
- Split pages based on levels 4-8, 12-16, 20. Connected by a link to the other pages. (I would go with this method)
- Split Weapons, Armor, and Clothing/Jewelry into 2 or 3 pages. Connected by a link to the other pages
- Remove unnecessary, unneeded, templates viewers/editors can live without to free up memory.
- Try to expand the limit and hope it doesn't implode the page, wiki or server. <--avoid
Congrats all, we just learn about ddowiki template limits. So whose for template anonymous. :) → Bladedge 17:47, December 13, 2011 (EST)
- I vote we show the stats of the Epic Tier 3 versions only on this page, and link to 3 pages for the full crafting tables: Weapons, Armor, Clothing/Jewelry and Misc. Backley 18:59, December 13, 2011 (EST)
Yea. I think we should have all three level20 versions, as they are the most commonly crafted/used ones. Then link the pages table for the 4-16 versions. Eliminate all transclusions since this is data that wont likely be updated frequently. Shade 22:54, December 13, 2011 (EST)
- Seconded that. The average load time for this page is more then double the Home page and the recent changes combined. Theres a few unneeded links in the main (The Elemental lines dont need to link to each other) so I'm taking those out, since theres only one version of each element, unlike Mournlode/Calomel Yawgmoth 23:03, December 13, 2011 (EST)
OK, I split out the weapons/armor/other sections. While doing so, I kept getting server timeouts (Service Unavailable or 500 Internal Server Error) when trying to load/edit various pages. Not sure if those server errors were because of the page complexity here or something else, or if the split will solve it.
Current page stats:
NewPP limit report
Preprocessor node count: 19391/1000000
Post-expand include size: 612186/2097152 bytes <--- no-longer maxed at least.
Template argument size: 266518/2097152 bytes
Expensive parser function count: 0/100
ExtLoops count: 0/100
FYI: to see this on any page, view source in your browser. Backley 14:04, December 14, 2011 (EST)
- Will need updating for U32--Uurlock (Contribs • Message • Email) 01:22, August 27, 2016 (EDT)
- So far:
| Originally Posted by (former developer) on August 13, 2016 |
String exceeds 1,000 character limit for automatic parsing of
The current plan is to simply have all those items be named gear that can't be crafted on. With everything we've done over the past year to bring a new consistency to Random Loot, Crafted Loot and Named Loot, having a side system that has several effects AND can have new scaling effects crafted on in addition, is simply too powerful.
This change would switch any effects that have scaling versions, into those versions, and leave any more unique effects as they are. It would also result in all tier 3 items having a colored augment slot.
A similar issue exists with Runearms. Having 3 effects on an item which can then have 3 powerful crafted effects added is too much.
The most straightforward solution would appear to be that the charge tier, the spell itself, the rune arm imbue, the ML, and any very unique effects (such as Coronauch) would stay. The rest of the effects would be removed when prepping for crafting and then you could craft on 2 effects (or 3 using the Mark of House Cannith). The list of effects for Runearms is still being worked on.
Thoughts, comments? And as always, all plans are subject to change for any numerous and unforeseen reasons.
Upgrades no longer working?
I went in to upgrade my old level 7 cloak of flames to the level 11 and I get a message that says "Failed Usage. An error has occurred!" Does anyone know what the difficulty is here? — previous comment by 126.96.36.199 ( c | e | d | r | b ) at 19:24, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Sounds like a bug. Fortunately, the cost of a new item is only a bit higher than upgrade, so grind a bit more and purchase a brand new ML11 version. If you want, you can report the bug here. ⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 06:44, December 18, 2018 (EST)
- That certainly seems like a bug, so please submit a bug report on DDOstream (talk) 09:37, December 19, 2018 (EST)