Some characters can gain the ability to transform their bodies to a different form and shape. They might lose some of the benefits and penalties of their former bodies and gain benefits and penalties of their new form.
To activate a transformation, you usually have to drag the ability (feat or enhancement or epic destiny ability) to your hotbar and click it.
You can be only in one shape at the same time. You cannot gain the benefits of multiple forms at once.
- Cosmetic: Your avatar changes looks. Your body either changes completely or changes texture and/or gains a shiny/sinister aura.
- Lose old racial traits: You may lose some racial abilities. For example (IIRC) undead dwarves lose familiarity with racial weapons.
- Gain new racial traits: You gain some of the traits of the new race. For example, undead forms grant fortification.
- Impact on healing: Warforged in flesh forms lose the ability to heal with repair spells. Anyone in undead form can heal only using negative energy.
List of transformations
- Animal: Wolf or Bear
- Magical beast: Winter Wolf or Dire Bear
- Elemental: Water Elemental or Fire Elemental
- Elemental forms available in each of the savant capstone abilities
- Divine Form: Fallen
- Divine Form: Protector
- Divine Form: Scourge
- Cursed Wraith form
- Avatar of Nature form (Wood Woad)
Some transformation effects are not 100% transformation and can be combined.
- Ascendance (Angelic form)
- Available forms: Reincarnate (spell)/Incarnations