Twist of Fate
Twist of Fate Slots
The rules regarding Epic Destiny abilities can be bent a little with Twists of Fate. Twists of Fate allow you to possess an Epic Destiny ability from an unlocked but inactive destiny tree.
Number of slots
Characters can unlock up to five Twist of Fate slots:
- Level 20 characters can use up to three slots.
- +1 slot if you are an Epic Completionist
- +1 slot at level 30 (Epic Reincarnation to level 20 removes this slot)
- Note: Taking level 30 resets your fate points.
Characters begin with no unlocked slots. They must spend their first Fate Point to unlock the first Twist of Fate slot. After that, you can choose between upgrading unlocked slot(s) or unlocking the next slot.
When a Twist of Fate slot is first unlocked, it can only accommodate tier 1 Epic Destiny abilities. Slots can then be upgraded to accommodate tier 2, 3, and 4 abilities at increasing Fate Point cost. Twist of Fate slots work only on tiered abilities. You can not Twist an innate ability, nor can you Twist any tier 5 or 6 abilities from any Destiny.
- To unlock or upgrade a Twist of Fate slot, click the "+" icon on the right side of the slot. The icon will only be active if you have enough Fate Points to unlock or upgrade that slot.
- To set a Twist of Fate, drag the ability from the Abilities list down to the desired slot. Unless you are setting an ability from the active destiny, this will require checking "Show All" at the bottom of the abilities list to see trained abilities from non-active destinies. Note that you can only set abilities that you have trained in a tree - if you do not have the ability you want to set trained, you will have to reset that tree and train that ability.
- To reset your Twist of Fate slots, talk to the Fatespinner NPCs. You can then reallocate your Fate Points among unlocking and upgrading slots. Resetting twists is free.
|Tier 1 ability only||up to Tier 2 ability||up to Tier 3 ability||up to Tier 4 ability|
|(Unlock/Upgrade 0)||(Upgrade 1)||(Upgrade 2)||(Upgrade 3)|
|1st Twist slot||1 Fate Point||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points|
|2nd Twist slot||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points|
|3rd Twist slot||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points||6 Fate Points|
Gaining fate points
Characters receive fate points from various sources:
- +1 for every 3 Epic Destiny levels
- +2 for reaching level 29
- +3 for reaching level 30
- +1 for every 4 Epic Past Life
- Up to +3 from the Tome of Fate
Fate points are never lost, except the +5 for reaching level 29 and 30.
Maximum fate points as of Update 29
- There are currently 12 Epic Destinies available with 5 levels each → a total of 20 Fate Points available from levels.
- 12 Epic Past Life Feats each stack up to 3 times → 36 Epic Past Lives → 9 Fate Points
- 3 Fate Points from the Tome of Fate
- 5 Fate Points for level cap
- Total maximum achievable Fate Points = 37
- Maximum Combination of Twists
- Tier 4 (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10), Tier 3 (2 + 3 + 4 = 9), 2 (3 + 4 = 7) and either two Tier 1s (4 + 5 = 9) or a Tier 2 (4 + 5 = 9)
- Tier 4 (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10), three Tier 2s (5 + 7 + 9 = 21), Tier 1 (5), with 1 FP left over
|1st Twist slot
|2nd Twist slot
|3rd Twist slot