May I extend my warmest welcomes and offer you any help you may need? Thanks for your contributions, mate!
- ...First, you may want to check out our FAQ page.
- ...There's a wealth of wiki documentation on the Help page, perhaps some of it may be of use to you.
- ...Before you upload your screenshots, which we really appreciate, please read our file naming policy.
- ...With the wiki's most recent update from version 1.19 to 1.23, we now have many new features and abilities.
- ...There's a really good Introduction over on Wikipedia also, it should help you figure out what's going on if your new to wikis in general.
- ...Don't forget to change your DDO wiki user preferences.
- ...We pride ourselves on providing the best and most accurate information possible and are happy to reward our editors with extra privileges for making that happen. The first step in the promotion ladder turns off the CAPTCHA edit tests and you can check out the details Here.
If you need help with something above and beyond what the links above can provide...
- ...Someone is most always available! You can drop me a message on my user talk page (which I watch like a hawk), grab my other contact info on my user page, or ask one of the other 16 system operators .
Again, welcome to the wiki - and I can't thank you enough on behalf of the community for your help in making us the best DDO site around Zav (Contribs • Message • Email) 21:27, January 6, 2016 (EST)
- Will do, thx! C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 21:36, January 6, 2016 (EST)
- (Ya, that ~does~ look better - I'm still remembering all my wiki-fu coding.) C-H ;)
I've noticed a lot of your recent edits are being marked as Minor when they are not. Perhaps you have the toggle for edit marking being minor as default? Habreno (Contribs • Message • Email) 20:36, January 19, 2016 (EST)
Confusion about Races table
Heya, the original idea behind the column Racial Ability Enhancements was to list ability increases available via class enhancements. For example, if you look at Elf enhancements, they can pick up Elven Dexterity I and Elven Dexterity II; +2 dex. Looks like you're not the only one who did not understand the idea of this column (see Talk:Races), so perhaps the best way to avoid confusion is to have TWO columns, one called Racial Modifiers, the other Racial Enhancements. --Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 03:47, January 2, 2017 (EST)
- Oh! Hmmm - that intent wasn't clear at all by the table or headers. Hmmm... both datum seem important - yeah, let's see if we can't get both in there - and clearly.C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 15:20, January 2, 2017 (EST)
Hello C-Hound. Technical 13 has nominated you to become an administrator. Please see DDO wiki talk:Administrators/promote/C-Hound. — Zav (T·C) 14:56, February 18, 2018 (EST)
link to "∅"
Hi, not sure why, you've been using template image popup with parameter |link=∅. I saw "∅" on Special:WantedPages and it seemed unnecessary; I have removed all those links. Maybe you have a grand plan with ∅, in that case feel free to reintroduce it. --⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 06:40, July 26, 2018 (EDT)
- Do not reintroduce it... Discuss it first so we can know what the plan is. Thanks. 👟 ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 👟 11:10, July 26, 2018 (EDT)
I know exactly why - it was in the original sample of code that I copied/pasted to my home page from some example article I found when I was first looking for the code for that effect. So it exists (or existed) in at least one other example, tho' no chance I can remember which page I found that on. I've removed that segment of code from my sample - what sort of thing would it be used for?⇒ C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 19:39, July 27, 2018 (EDT)
guild vendor stuff
Hi, I saw you working on this topic. Not sure if you're aware of Guild Scroll Vendor article. Perhaps incorporate/merge/rename the article so that it fits into your grand scheme of guild vendors. Thanks --⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 08:39, March 7, 2019 (EST)
- Wanted to think about it a while - split info between Arcane/Divine scrolls, added to approp vendor, changed Guild Scroll Vendor to a redirect to Guild vendors article. Also updateded the 1(!) extant link to Guild Scroll Vendor. Thanks for the heads up! ⇒ C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 07:07, March 13, 2019 (EDT)
- I understand about content. Thank you.
- I just ran the quest Proof is in the Poison. I wanted post something on Discussion. For instance. As a level 4 Wizard doing this I had to use a crossbow after using the gold key to open the door. My spells were not damaging the mobs up high. After taking them out I dismissed my hireling, ran back to the beginning, waited and spawned a fresh fighter. In this quest doors/gates will close and you can not navigate the dungeon correctly..er correctively. (lol). I wanted point out you will run out of SP when solo if you do not reserve, there are way more than 100 Quickfoot in There. Lastly there is a room not connected to the dungeon spawn/start point, but when you reach it again you can dismiss/conjure a hireling to finsh the area. I died the first run, but not the second. Just wanted to help others. I will try to filter my content. ⇒ Tiger (Contribs • Message • Email) 19:27, April 20, 2019 (EDT)
- Hey! So, Proof is one of the toughest at-level quests - and that is stated in the article. Just because one person or one build (you or yours) has trouble doesn't mean that everyone will, or (more probably) that everyone should be surprised if they do! If you want to emphasize the first paragraph of "Tips & Misc", go ahead, but it already implies everything you just said (if not specifically). I didn't know (and afaik no one else does!) that there's a 2nd point you can summon a regular hire (you can summon a gold-seal anywhere!) - if it wasn't gold-seal, feel free to add that! Again, thanks for your contributions, past and future - readya later!⇒ C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 01:51, April 21, 2019 (EDT)
Good effort on the Ability tome, however, some incorrect information slipped in. During each reincarnation, the character goes through the character creation process, where tomes don't apply. Reincarnating characters don't benefit from tomes during character (re-)creation. --⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 01:03, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
- I had thought that re Int Tomes (the most noticeable during (re-)creation), a +2 or greater Tome = +1 Skill Point during CherGen - but now I'm realizng that I'm mis-remembering (Rogue Lvl 1, points aren't tight then). Thx, will edit. ⇒ C-Hound (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 11:18, September 18, 2019 (EDT)