|Menace of the Underdark Adventure Areas|
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
The Demonweb is made up of ruined fragments of countless worlds, bound together by Lolth's web. The Spider Queen rules supreme here over hosts of demons and the souls of departed Drow. To enter the Demonweb you must first complete the City of Portals story arc.
In addition to the Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer missions typical to all wilderness adventure areas, the following quests can be found in this zone:
- Islands with multiple bridges may not have all bridges appear, random per instance.
- The same rare can appear at more than one point in an instance.
- When you jump/fall off you will randomly be teleported to one of three respawn points.
- Slay Akh'gurrog the Hunter
- Slay Rrh'gitli, the Harvester of Souls
- Slay U'oglen, the Drider Triumphant
- Slay Zehraa, the Greater Night Hag
- Slay Oliq, the Arcanaloth Commander. Can come with Bebilith
- Slay Asta Jegg Dralnoc, the Chosen of Lolth
- Slay Vgorrok, He Who Consumes
XP per encounter: 3,900 Bonus XP for solving all encounters: 13,650
Drow of the Demonweb
- Slay 10 Drow in the Demonweb: 2,895 XP = 289.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 Drow in the Demonweb: 3,879 XP = 258.6 xp/kill
- Slay 50 Drow in the Demonweb: 5,235 XP = 209.4 xp/kill
- Slay 100 Drow in the Demonweb: 7,605 XP = 152.1 xp/kill
- Slay 200 Drow in the Demonweb: 11,895 XP = 118.95 xp/kill
- Slay 400 Drow in the Demonweb: 20,265 XP = 101.33 xp/kill
- Slay 750 Drow in the Demonweb: 33,435 XP = 95.53 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 Drow in the Demonweb: 68,445 XP = 91.26 xp/kill
Spiders of the Demonweb
- Slay 10 Spiders in the Demonweb: 2,895 XP = 289.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 Spiders in the Demonweb: 3,879 XP = 258.6 xp/kill
- Slay 50 Spiders in the Demonweb: 5,235 XP = 209.4 xp/kill
- Slay 100 Spiders in the Demonweb: 7,605 XP = 152.1 xp/kill
- Slay 200 Spiders in the Demonweb: 11,895 XP = 118.95 xp/kill
- Slay 400 Spiders in the Demonweb: 20,265 XP = 101.33 xp/kill
- Slay 750 Spiders in the Demonweb: 33,435 XP = 95.53 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 Spiders in the Demonweb: 68,445 XP = 91.26 xp/kill
Fiends of the Demonweb
- Slay 10 Fiends in the Demonweb: 2,895 XP = 289.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 Fiends in the Demonweb: 3,879 XP = 258.6 xp/kill
- Slay 50 Fiends in the Demonweb: 5,235 XP = 209.4 xp/kill
- Slay 100 Fiends in the Demonweb: 7,605 XP = 152.1 xp/kill
- Slay 200 Fiends in the Demonweb: 11,895 XP = 118.95 xp/kill
- Slay 400 Fiends in the Demonweb: 20,265 XP = 101.33 xp/kill
- Slay 750 Fiends in the Demonweb: 33,435 XP = 95.53 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 Fiends in the Demonweb: 68,445 XP = 91.26 xp/kill
Journals: The Demonweb
- Find Lolth's first message
- Back into my web so soon, mortals? How... interesting. It is a little late to try to finish what started back in Eberron. The Drow have gathered all the Dragonshards I need, but I could probably find find a use for more. Perharps I'll take the ones you're carrying in your bags.
- Find Lolth's second message
- I wouldn't allow you here unless I gained some advantage from your presence. When you killed my servant Karas back on Eberron, did that not serve my ends? I'll let you think about that - it is terribly fun to see the panic in your eyes as you realize how helpful you've been to my cause.
- Find Lolth's third message
- The Lords of Dust in that pitiful realms of Khyber thought they could share power. How foolish they were to think that the Spinner of Shadows would work alongside them. True power is gained by snatching it from the unworthy.
- Find Lolth's fourth message
- How good of you to come here and offer yourself, so that you can be... rewoven. If you think things are difficult now, then just wait. You will plead for the mercy I have shown you thus far when the suffering truly begins.
- Find Lolth's fifth message
- It is good that you ventured into my domain. Soon my power will be unmatched. You will bear witness when I become the new mistress of the Weave. Perhaps I will set you free, so that you can tell the world about the new goddess of Magic. Perhaps not.
- Find Lolth's sixth message
- (No scroll) My servants' work in Cormyr is entertaining, but it is only a single strand of all of my plans. True, they brought the precious Thread of the Weave to me. Yet even without it I would have found a way to carry out my plan.
- Find Lolth's seventh message
- If my servants fail, they will answer to my wrath! That's really all the motivation they need to do their jobs well. You will find some of my subordinates quite challenging. If not - well then, time for some new blood.
- Find Lolth's eighth message
- Insects. The longer you meddle in my plans, the longer I have to torment you. Your screams as you beg me for death will echo through every corner of the Demonweb. Delicious.
- Find Lolth's ninth message
- (No scroll) Whether you remain in the Demonweb or flee from it makes no difference now. You are not the first to think they can unravel my works. Those who think they can scheme against me shall be twisted in torment.
- Find Lolth's tenth message
- The Thread of the Weave is mine, one more of my many victories. Soon all of the Realms will shudder in gruesome ecstasy before Lolth, Goddess of Magic. Come to me, and feel the power of beautiful pain.
- Find Lolth's 11th message
- Absorbing the Thread of the Weave brings me that much closer to my goal. I will reshape all worlds into something far more pleasing. The weak shall perish beneath the cunning, and the strong shall rend each other apart to gain my favor. Ah, it will be exquisite.
- Find Lolth's 12th message
- I have so many schemes knitted together that I do not need to tend them. Sooner or later, the insects just stumble into the web. Thinking about it that way, it's pointless to struggle, no?
- Find Lolth's 13th message
- It is impossible for you to stop me. Perhaps you hope to gain my favor instead? Very well, I offer you a challenge that will please me. If you are truly worthy, then kill everything in the Demonweb.
- Find Lolth's 14th message
- I saw that Elminster offered you aid. And you never considered what he stands to gain by this? I suppose not. Your kind were duped by "Gnomon, Inquisitor of the Silver Flame", after all. Mortals... so easily manipulated.
- Find Lolth's 15th message
- (No scroll) Eberron - until now I cannot say I ever paid it any mind. The Lords of Dust were pathetic and easily tricked, a common trait among beings from your realm.
- Find Lolth's 16th message
- (No scroll) You Eberron flies swarm through my domain as if it were your personal property. Know this: the Demonweb consumes all that it touches. So, by all means, keep encouraging more visitors to come here. What is a web without flies?
- Find Lolth's 17th message
- Look around you, mortals. See the ruins of a thousand worlds, their scraps lashed together to make my Demonweb. There's still room for your world. Just a little longer and it will be swallowed up, too.
- Find Lolth's 18th message
- Find Lolth's 19th message
- (No scroll) Watch as my followers grow in strength and number. None can resist me. You will come to understand this very soon.
- Find Lolth's 20th message
- My rule is inevitable. Nations will kneel before me, bent by the hand of their own rulers... rulers who will struggle amongst themselves to see who can best appease me.
- Find Lolth's 21st message
- Are you still here? It is terribly dull watching you flail your way around my domain. Well, there's no chance of you damaging anything important. So perhaps I'll amuse myself with few of my other pet projects.
- Find Lolth's 22nd message
- The demons that have fallen to your little weapons were not worth the air they breathed in the first place. Hear that, my minions? Any of you that can't hold your own against these pests should save me the trouble of killing you later. Just die now, please.
- Find Lolth's 23rd message
- There is a fun game I like to play around here: my children slaighter and scheme against one another to gain or uphold their rank. They all fantasize about overthrowing me. Then, later on, I take pleasure in the look of their faces on the day I get to crush them.
- Find Lolth's 24th message
- Here is something you should know about the best of my demons. Consider all the slyness, the cunning, the might they need to stay alive and stay on top. Then consider that even they cannot match me. Now what hope do you have?
- Find Lolth's 25th message
- I have been and always will be. I've been worshipped for countless ages, under countless names. It is futile to think that I can be stopped, mortals. But do try. It's amusing to watch.
- Find Lolth's 26th message
- Mystra was unworthy to oversee the realm of Magic, else she would still be here. That makes Elminster the "Chosen" follower of someone who is no longer around... and that makes you the servant of a leaderless fool.
- Find Lolth's 27th message
- If Elminster is the Chosen of Mystra, and Mystra abandoned this realm, then what are the odds of Elminster abandoning you? I can just imagine what he said to convince you to come in here. "Help me preserve Mystra's memory" Then he sent you into my web. Alone.
- Find Lolth's 28th message
- Elminster tricks many ignorant souls into coming here. See all of those cocoons? Did you think they were egg sacks? No, they're all that remains of the other adventurers who followed Elminster's folly.
- Find Lolth's 29th message
- Trying to free the Thread of the Weave, hmm? Oh yes, I can see right through your mischief. And just like everyone who has fallen before you, you too will be caught by surprise when I decide to strike.
- Find Lolth's 30th message
- Hear me, minions! These trespassers think they are a match for you. I will feast on corpses soon, and it is simply a matter of which corpses. Demon, mortal, I'm not too particular. So... don't lose.
- Find Lolth's 31st message
- (No scroll) You plan to reclaim the Thread of the Weave?
- Find Lolth's 32nd message
- My worship increases day by day. Soon all will pay tribute to the glory of Lolth. And yet you dare to oppose me? Very well. If you're sure.
- Find Lolth's 33rd message
- My children in the Underdark fear and respect me. Those on the surface will come to regard me in the same light, once I am the Goddess they must turn to for their Magic.
- Find Lolth's 34th message
- The absence of Mystra has created a great void. I will fill it. After all, if I do not, then some other god will. And I can't allow that.
- Find Lolth's 35th message
- I alone have woven the Demonweb into the grand tapestry of destruction and survival that you see around you. Bask in the glorious fury of my works.
- Find Lolth's 36th message
- Through the ages, I have achieved my goals using wicked craft and brutal resolve. I expect no less from any who call upon me as their Goddess... or from those that hope to best me. Fight harder.
- Find Lolth's 37th message
- Because you have kept me so entertained in your final hours of life, I will extend a courtesy to you once you are dead. I will place your remains on a fragment of Eberron, once the Demonweb consumes it.
- Find Lolth's 38th message
- How to next shape the Demonweb? Hmm. I cannot decide if the broken bits of your decimated home would look better spun together in a tight ball, or strewn about like bones after a feast.
- Find Lolth's 39th message
- When Eberron falls, I will consume yet another world. And another. I must have more. More worlds. More worshippers. More power. More! I will have more!
- Find Lolth's 40th message
- I don't blame you for lingering here. You are drawn to me. Since you can't resist it, just enjoy it while you can. I am a harsh mistress, and these will likely be the last pleasurable moments of your existence.
Monsters in the zone not found on the rare encounters list.
Drow of the Demonweb
Spiders of the Demonweb
- Astral Harrowers
- Baby Glass Spiders
- Demonic Swarmhorde Spiders
- Demonweb Terrors
- Soulherd Driders
- Spider Souls
- Vicious Deathjump Spiders
Fiends of the Demonweb