Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
A hole in the foundation of the destroyed farmhouse leads down to a dark, dank cave. Perhaps Barthand slipped and fell inside the cave?
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|Takes place in:||Dank Cave|
|Bestowed by:||Ingval Muth|
|NPC contact:||Ingval Muth|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Ingval Muth has asked you to find the War Wizard Barthand, who disappeared suddenly while investigating troubled dreams in the village of Eveningstar.
Barthand was last seen near a hole leading to a Dank Cave in Eveningstar. Go there and do your best to locate him.
- Search for the Wizard Barthand
- Defeat the hags
- Talk to Barthand
- Seek the Eye of Frelga
- Find the Night Hag, Frelga
- Defeat the Night Hag, Frelga
Tips and Misc
- The most common foes are Will-o-Wisps (which shoot chain lightning and cause Fear) and Vine Horrors (which use Spike Growth). On Heroic Elite difficulty, a full party can be overwhelmed quickly by mobs of these two foes alone. Evasive fighters such as Monks, Rangers and Rogues may survive longer but need time to whittle foes down. Spellcasters with great area-of-effect damage are ideal here.
- The loop in the southeast can be skipped if you want to avoid a few fights.
- Forest Hags repeatedly spawn Animated Armor (constructs) until killed. Focus on the hags, as their deaths will also destroy the spawned Armor.
- After the first shrine, the path to the east (looks like it leads back to Barthand) dead-ends with nothing down there but a bunch of wisps.
- Further down the path, the next turn east that looks like it should loop to the north also dead-ends with nothing but wisps.
- The password to open enchanted door is "knuckle-bones".
- Frelga's Eye cannot be targeted; however, it also doesn't attack. AoE, manual targeting (using the "T" key), or randomly swinging near it will quickly destroy it.
- Two secret doors hide only breakables.
- Door with locked lever (Lock DC) protects a chest that becomes a mimic (+2-4 Will-o'-Wisps)
- The door leading east from the third shrine only leads to a few Mudmen (and a bones collectable).
- Victory requires not only defeating Frelga, but other Night Hags and Vine Horrors surrounding her. Some may fall off the ledge during the fight and require locating.
- Aggression bonus: 92 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 119 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- Collectables: 9
- Bones by the small pool at the end of passage northwest of the entrance
- Adventurer's Pack in the southern alcove
- Adventurer's Pack in the corner just east of there
- Adventurer's Pack just after rescuing Barthand
- Bones underwater in pool by seconds set of hags
- Adventurer's Pack in crevasse near bottom of the room with all the ledges
- Adventurer's Pack on one of those ledges (need to jump down to reach it)
- Bones in eastern room with mudmen, just before final battle
- Bones on ledge with final battle
- NPC rewards: ML1-2 items
|Frelga (view)||Evil Outsider||Hag|
|Grundlehin (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Hag|
|Animated Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Chest (monster) (view)||Aberration||Mimic|
|Forest Hag (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Hag|
|Frelga's Eye (view)||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Vine Horror (view)||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Vine Stalker (view)||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Will-o'-Wisp (view)||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|