Dungeons and Dragons Online
Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) is massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine, Inc., that uses the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 ruleset in the Eberron Campaign setting as its basis. It was released on February 28, 2006. Requires Internet access to play.
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach was developed by Turbine over two years. The initial prototype and concept was done by Jason Booth, Dan Ogles, Cardell Kerr, Ken Troop, and Michael Sheidow, in coordination with Wizards of the Coast, the publisher of the Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper game. Later, this initial team moved to work on Turbine's other title in development Lord of the Rings Online, or left the company. Development was then led by James Jones, and DDO was released on February 28, 2006. It is published by Atari.
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited
Dungeons & Dragons Online was originally marketed as Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach up until September 1, 2009 where it was renamed Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited to change from a purely subscription based model to a hybrid free to play/subscription based model. And to commemorate the addition of the DDO Store (DDOs ingame micro transaction store) which was a huge change for the game.
Dungeons & Dragons Online
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy
Developers and other staff
- Aaron Campbell ((former director) ) - (July 2013 - January 2014) Franchise Director
- Amanda Grow ( ) - (2006) Brand/Commerce Manager
- Athena Peters ((former director) ) - Franchise Director
- Erik Boyer - (2006 - February 2014) Senior Producer
- Fernando Paiz - (2009 - June 2015)? Executive Producer
- Jerry Snook (Cordovan (Contribs • Message • Email • )) - (2010 - ) Community Manager
- Kate Paiz ((former producer) ) - (2007 - 2009) Senior Producer
- Robert Ciccolini ((executive producer) ) - (April 2014 - ) Executive Producer
- Best Multiplayer Game, 2006 British Academy Video Games Awards
- Most Anticipated Game, 2005 MMORPG.COM Reader's Choice Awards
- Best Persistent World Game, IGN.com Best of 2006 Awards
- Nominee, Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year, 10th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards
- Third Prize, Best Graphics, Les JOL d'Or 2006
- Third Prize, Public's Award, Les JOL d'Or 2006