Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Moving Targets
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
|Dr. Rushmore's Mansion: Moving Targets|
|Duration:||Variable time limit|
|Base XP Range:||720-1800|
|Takes place in:||Dr. Rushmore's Mansion|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||No|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Difficult|
Dr. Rushmore and his band of Criminals are not content to stay in one place. He and his companions wander their mansion, while they are unknowingly hunted by Adventurers.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat at least one of the bosses of Rushmore's party
- (Optional) Defeat the other bosses (4 more)
- (Optional) Open all the sealed gates (16 total)
- (Optional) Activate every portrait of warforged (37 Total)
- (Optional) Kill a boss in the bathroom (The Rest Rooms)
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
Spinning blade, flame jet, blade, and other traps on the ramps leading to the Rogues room.
Tips and Misc
Quick Start Guide
- Find the wizard Rushmore and his four fellow outlaws. Assassinate them before time runs out!
- Unlock gates to quickly navigate to your target and extend your time.
- Watch for the clues to find the outlaws as they move throughout the Mansion!
Assassinate Your Target
- The vile wizard Rushmore has retreated to a magical safe-house to relax with his no-good cohorts.
- Infiltrate their Mansion and eliminate these outlaws before time runs out! ** Tip: You can earn extra treasure for killing red and orange named boss monsters!
- Outlaws can teleport to different rooms of the Mansion.
- Outlaws who have teleported to a new location may speak a clue that can help you determine where they have gone.
- Each Gate you open will extend your time by 2 minutes.
- To open a Gate, you must obtain the associated Crest(s).
- The deeper you go into the mansion, the more Crests are required to open the next Gate.
- First gate requires just 1, then 2 for the next two gates, then three, then four for the final gates
- Crests can be found by:
- Breaking furniture and containers
- Killing monsters
- You will also occasionally find Crests lying out in the open.
- There are paintings scattered throughout the walls of the mansion.
- If you get too close to a painting, its eyes will glow red and phantasmal guards will appear to fight you.
- The painting will continue to spawn phantasmal guards indefinitely. And will spawn in greater numbers as your score increases.
You will earn points for the following:
- Monsters killed (1-3 per kill)
- Outlaw Bosses killed (~600 per boss)
- The Bosses you must defeat will periodically move from their locations. When they do so, they will make an announcement so you know who is moving and where they are going.
- Nearby bosses can be kited to The Rest Rooms to gain credit for the 5th star.
- The phantom defenders from the paintings will continuously respawn once activated.
- The amount of monsters spawned will vary from 1-6 depending on several factors including but not limited to: Group size and Current score.
- The breakables will sometimes give a boost when smashed.
- The control boxes are at the bottom of the ramps.
- Timer starts at 9 minutes and the timer increases for many events:
- Checkpoint! Time extended by 2 minutes for opening gates.
- Chrono Buff! Time extended by 1 minute for obtaining rare orb buffs.
- Minute of time watch. These rare items can increase the timer by 1 minute, only 1 may be used per instance.
- Expect a perfect 5/6 star run to take 42-45 minutes.
- Chests: Up to 5. One for each boss, and one for the Mother of the Nest.
Primarily Phantasmal creatures. They count the same as the type they match, but are illusionary and thus gain immunity to mind effects, and should be (but currently are not) vulnerable to dispel magic. Vorpal effects will kill these phantasms.
- Animated Armors
- Animated Statues (Constructs that look like Gargoyles)
- Bound Air Elementals
- Bound Earth Elementals
- Bound Fire Elementals
- Bound Water Elementals
- Fat Rats (Not many)
- Iron Defenders (Standard variety)
- Household Vermins (Brown Spiders (Small ones))
- Phantasmal Cooks (Human Cook)
- Phantasmal Heralds (Human Cleric)
- Phantasmal Hounds (Animal)
- Phantasmal Messengers (Human Wizard - Casts very devastating spells)
- Phantasmal Man-at-Armss (Human Fighter)
- Phantasmal Sentinels (Human Archer)
- Phantasmal Servants (Human Rogue)
- Crystal the Giant <Renegade Blackmarket Ex Union Leader> (Li'l tiny jewel-encrusted Paragon Kobold Shaman)
- Doctor Will Ewe Rushmore - <Renegade Master Wizard Himself> (Human Wizard)
- Mistress Temptia - <Girlfiend Healer> (Succubus)
- Mother of the Nest (Orange Named Huge Brown Spider Drops a chest)
- Smiling Sam <Newbie Assassin> (Tiny Elf Rogue)
- Ugg the Assertive - <Confused Meatshield> (Fat Half-Orc Tank)
- All of the red-named bosses except Sam and Mistress Temptia begin with elementals guarding them and will summon more as they are vanquished. Ugg begins with two earth elementals, Crystal has a mix of air, fire, and water elementals, and Doctor Rushmore has one of each in his chamber. Each elemental will buff their controller according to their type:
- Air: Boosts their speed
- Fire: Boosts their strength
- Earth: Boosts their armor class
- Water: Heals them at an insanely fast rate - Kill these!